TO BE BRAVE IN EVERYTHING WE DO~
TO BE TRUE TO YOURSELF AND OTHERS IN LIFE, AND IN†ACADEMICS~
TO GIVE SOMEONE THE LEADERSHIP THEY HAVE EARNED~
TO BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR YOURSELF~
Please help us better serve your children by completing a brief online survey.
Please follow this link†http://goo.gl/forms/N5LiGOYGK9†and take the survey any time between October 27th†and November 14th.
For your convenience, you may take the survey during parent-teacher conferences by visiting the computer lab in the Hillside Library. Those who take the survey at that time will be entered into a raffle drawing for some goodies, including a grand prize winner.
Thank you so much for your help and support!
- †At Hillside we are always looking for ways to increase our communication with our Hillside families.† We used to send out a quarterly newsletter but that got cumbersome and expensive. We will be sending out this newsletter monthly in an email.† We hope it helps. We have been trying to get the information out to parents through our school website but thought this might be more effective.† Thanks to the parent Booster group who suggested this idea.
- On October 7 during our PLC (Professional Learning Community) time †the Hillside teachers will be receiving Digital Citizenship training.† We will be trained so we can let our students know what the expectations are when they access computers at Hillside.† With the purchase of classroom sets of Chromebooks and HP lap tops, it is important the students know there are certain guidelines and responsibilities that go hand in hand with their use. †
- Colder weather will be coming soon.† Please make sure your children are wearing a warm coat to school everyday.† We go outside at lunch just about everyday and students need to be dressed for the weather.†
- It is dark when the students arrive at school every morning and it is dark when some head home if they are involved in school activities. Please have a talk with your child about using the sidewalks and cross walks and make sure they are abiding by all traffic laws.† We do not want anyone to get hurt coming to school or when they are headed back home.
- This year is off to a good start! We started the year doing classroom lessons on bullying and harassment. Students were also taken into the computer lab to do an interest inventory on the Career Information Systems webpage that is provided by the Idaho Department of Labor. The students had fun answering the questions and seeing what the website recommended to them as possible areas for occupations after high school. The website is accessible from anywhere. Have your student show you their account. All they need is their nine (9) digit student identification number and the unique password they built.
- The first quarter report cards will be available during parent conferences on October 29th†and 30th.† In the seventh and eighth grades, students need to pass 11 of their 14 classes (they get seven classes a semester). If they do not pass 11 of the 14 classes, then summer school becomes a very real possibility in order to be promoted to the next grade. Ninth graders must have 10 credits by the end of the year in order to go onto high school and their sophomore year. Please talk to your students about their grades.
- If you havenít registered already on Infinite Campus, do so as soon as possible. You can track your studentís grades on Infinite Campus.
- Our teacherís assignments are on our Hillside home page. You can see your studentís assignments and copy them out at home if you need to.
- Please contact your studentís counselor if there is anything we can do to support your student!
or enter our non-profit number 88886.
deliver important safety and security information to you via text messaging.
To sign-up simply text SUBSCRIBE to the number 68453.
Repeat this opt-in process for any wireless numbers you wish to include.
Check with your wireless carrier for possible charges related to sending/receiving text messages.
The District will only use the service to provide information that is
timely and relevant regarding your child's safety.
Please make sure we have your wireless number(s) in our student information database.
If you haven't already provided that information, please contact our school as soon as possible.
so until then you won't receive any further text messages.